5/15/2012

A WEDDING AND A FUNERAL

Two years ago today, on May 15, 2010, the Mister and I were taking our life-long vows of commitment to each other (see the wedding here). Although it feels like I have known him my whole life, today is only our second wedding anniversary. We originally met seven years ago, however, on my sister's birthday, May 12, when I made a brief, 36 hour trip to Richmond prior to relocating here.


When we married, we had only one living grandparent, my husband's grandmother, Lillian. And at the time, we weren't sure she was going to live to attend the wedding. But she was a stubborn, determined woman (my husband takes after her, by the way) and she said she wouldn't miss it. "Grandma" as I came to call her, was 90 then, and had been in and out of the hospital several times just weeks before the wedding. Amazingly, Grandma recovered in the nick-of-time and lived for two more years, until last Saturday, May 12, when she took her final breathe and departed this life.

Exactly two years from our wedding date, the family united once again - only this time for a funeral. So today we celebrate life and all that it entails: beginning, middle, end.


 We love you, Grandma, and we miss you.


1 comment:

  1. Aww Ann I'm sorry to hear about your gma :( please tell Michael too. I can't believe its already been two years since the wedding! Happy belated anniversary! You guys are perfect together :)

    ReplyDelete